Fall Intern - Retail Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Retail Marketing team generates awareness and demand in the online retail space for The Orchard's top artists and labels. In addition to advising our labels and artist representatives on a release - by - release basis, we also work with our expansive catalog to promote and sell our releases through creative marketing opportunities.
An internship at The Orchard offers students a unique hands-on experience in the exciting and fast-growing field of media distribution, marketing and sales. Our internships are unpaid.
Interns will gain experience in research, analytics and social networking activity, as well as enjoy the opportunity to contribute to campaigns based on experience and quality of work.
• Capturing, tracking and analyzing placement across key online digital retailers including iTunes, Amazon, Google Play as well as streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Music Unlimited, Pandora and Napster.
• Gain knowledge of and use Neilsen Soundscan to analyze and record sales data.
• Contribute ideas and provide thoughtful insight into upcoming album releases, promotions and campaigns
• Facilitate a process by which artist tracks can gain exposure and placement on playlists curated on streaming services as well as track impact over time.
• Must be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment prior to their start date.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required
• A genuine love for music, a great attitude, an open mind, an eagerness to learn and a willingness to take initiative, no matter the taskFamiliarity with the digital music market is a plus, but not mandatory
• Students should be competent writers, avid blog readers, social media trend-watchers, organized self-starters, and responsible over-achievers who know how to prioritize and manager their time.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.