Director, Product Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as Sleigh Bells, Charles Bradley, and Slayer as well as films like Academy Award-nominated Cartel Land, Golden Globe-nominated Neruda, and Hunt For The Wilderpeople. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Director, Product Management to lead our talented NYC Product Management team.
• Lead product execution across our business. Work closely with Product Managers, Tech Leaders and Senior Management to develop clear product roadmaps based on market and user research paired with the appropriate business case.
• Collaborate with stakeholders with deep entertainment industry experience and engineers that have built out one of the most robust digital distribution pipelines in the industry.
• Focus on executing across all the roadmaps from conceptualization to design and development, launch, maintenance and maturity.
• Regularly present the overall product vision to stakeholders as well as Tech and Senior Management.
• Experience contributing product strategy for a complex business. Proven ability to take a product from conception to completion.
• Experience leading a team of Product Managers to develop and execute on product roadmaps for their specific areas of focus.
• Experience working on consumer or business online products.
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams and eventually create a consensus between stakeholders, product managers and engineers.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills paired with the ability to drive complex projects.
• Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, New Relic, Looker and equivalent data tools and ability to turn information from those sources into actionable items on the product roadmap.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Intense focus on usability and user experience.
• A strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how things are evolving.
• Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Keen interest in music and film. Experience in media and entertainment a plus.
About The Orchard®?The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.