Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is the primary label contact responsible for managing campaigns for some of todays top artist and breaking new and upcoming acts.
• Develop marketing plans for artist releases
• Serve as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities
• Manage marketing campaign budgets
• Oversee all processes related to visual elements in product packaging and project marketing
• Work closely with A&R and other creative departments to identify commercial applications
• Lead efforts to align artist on-line presence and marketing with overall project goals
• Maintain artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update label
• Work with Brand Partnerships and Licensing, Soundtracks and Film/TV teams to identify opportunities for artists
• Previous involvement in the music business, preferably at a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.
• High level of interpersonal people skills.
• The ability and skill-set to communicate directly with artists and artist management.
• Strong knowledge of urban music.
• Must have knowledge of creating marketing plans from scratch and the ability to maintain timelines and deadlines.