Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Creative Director will be responsible for establishing the aesthetic vision of the Masterworks label, its artists and releases through the creation of multimedia assets via close partnership with marketing, publicity, sales and senior leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide guidance and creative leadership on the development of all Masterworks visual assets including video, photography and digital media
• Provide insight and contribute ideas relating to current and developing creative tools and strategies to further the goals of Masterworks artists, marketing, publicity and sales
• Maximize creative budgets through innovative marketing practices, showing a willingness to think outside the box
• Must bring an established network of creative talent to employ including photographers, illustrators, videographers, art directors, writers, editors, etc., while adding new contacts on an ongoing basis
• Ability to lead creative discussions with artists and artist management, as well as label personnel, in the service of synthesizing ideas into written creative briefs
• Work collaboratively with US and International Marketing teams to ensure creative consistency across all channels
• Partner with A&R leadership and Executive leadership at Masterworks to recognize short-term and long-term goals of the label
• Understand the evolving music marketplace and work to reach listeners with unique content on their terms
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing, branding and/or music industry with demonstrated track record of creative services leadership.
• Strong computer skills including and a comprehensive knowledge of emerging marketing platforms.
• Be prepared to discuss previous projects and share samples of design/marketing work.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills. Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• Must be able to create and maintain strong relationships across Masterworks and the larger Sony Music company
• Deep knowledge of all visual media including video, photography, and digital formats is a plus.
• Must be a music person – an interest and understanding of music history across a variety of genres is essential.
• Some travel required.