Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Sales is responsible for providing support to Columbia Label Group’s label sales team, by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, answering phones, calendar maintenance, and filing expense reports for senior members of the department.
• Compile, generate and distribute numerous daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and reports for the department including learning full use of the SMART reporting system.
• Assist in obtaining and distributing artist and product assets for sales and marketing purposes.
• Communicate and provide updated/relevant publicity photos and cover art for upcoming releases, artist pages, on-line banners, etc. to retail business partners.
• Assist in coordination and submission of release information (including artist, title, upc, pricing, etc) to ensure timely setup of product pages at Amazon.com.
• Maintain detail on advertising and budget commitments, and generate retail marketing planners for internal use by sales and marketing teams.
• Research, make record of, and distribute as necessary significant features and placements of artist and product marketing initiatives for senior label management, label marketing teams, and artist management.
• Set-up and participate on retail sales/marketing conference calls.
• Maintain business partner and account contact records, and coordinate mailings.
• Coordinate and facilitate gratis use requests.
• Handle watermark mailings as needed.
• Maintain and distribute CLG TV Schedule to the Sales department, and field.
• Maintain and distribute CLG Tour Schedule to the Sales department, and field.
• Update and publish a comprehensive weekly label report to the field sales and marketing teams.
• Be able to create business meeting presentation decks, including content detail and graphics.
• Serve as backup for ticket solicitation, venue sales, and sales research for the department.
• Take notes at staff meetings and distribute to participants.
• The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a related workplace.
• This individual must have a working knowledge of both the physical and digital music industry. Prior experience in music sales/distribution is strongly preferred.
• This candidate must have exceptional organization strength.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet. This candidate will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including SAMIS, BDS/Encore, SMART, Soundscan, and others.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, analytic, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills required.
• Must be able to work independently but also be a team player and flexible.
• Must have the ability to manage time and priorities set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
• This individual must be extremely organized; and must be able to create and maintain very strong business relationships.
• Must have a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Must be available to attend evening showcases as required.