Coordinator, Marketing Administration
Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
The Marketing and New Business team at Sony Music Nashville (SMN) develops marketing campaigns that create exposure for our roster of industry-leading artists. We’re looking for someone who relishes behind-the-scenes roles, someone who would enjoy being responsible for administration tasks that keep a department running.
If you’re a courteous, friendly individual but have a task-focused approach to your job…
If you’re remarkably good at anticipating deadlines and challenges…
If you’re a highly organized individual who pays attention to even the tiniest details…
If you love the idea of key decision-makers depending on you …
Then consider this position as a Marketing Administration Coordinator at Sony Music Nashville.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Coordinate marketing expense payment process (PRS) for marketing staff. Duties include planning, budgeting, creating purchase orders, invoice processing, vendor set-up, processing payments and conducting vendor research as needed. Coordinate activities directly with marketing, media and creative departments and members of the finance staff.
• Assist in maintaining and monitoring media events and conventions budgets
• Provide executive level administrative support to Sony Music Nashville (SMN) Executive Vice President of Marketing & New Business. Answer executive’s phone; provide positive image of executive and business unit. Manage daily calendar for executive, including scheduling and planning a heavy volume of cross functional meetings and events.
• Keep EVP well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Proactively anticipate needs of EVP to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action. Make recommendations related to schedules, communications, travel, and systems.
• Manage planning and execution of all logistical aspects of marketing departmental meetings
• Arrange complex and detailed artist travel plans for marketing departments
• Coordinate the fulfillment of contest winners; ensure completion of all legal documentation for contest winners.
• Process expense reports for assigned marketing staff members in accordance with all company policies
• Serve as primary back-up for ticket purchases, artist itineraries, compliance letters and product room requests
• Complete special projects and other duties as needed
• General office administration skills, generally gained through at least 2 years of experience in an administrative position
• Bachelor’s degree a plus
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint a plus; experience learning new software
• Understanding of basic accounting concepts; prior bookkeeping or accounting experience a plus
• Proven professional manner and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven organization skills including experience working on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• Knowledge of internal Sony systems a plus (PRS, SAP and Lookup Tables)
While this position is in the marketing department, it is NOT a marketing role. Therefore, the ideal candidate wants to be in an administrative role and enjoys bookkeeping and finance-related responsibilities. The ideal candidate also has experience in a professional environment interacting with senior-level executives.
Sony Music Nashville includes three country label operations – Arista Nashville, Columbia Nashville and RCA Records Label Nashville. Enjoy a challenging and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Employees work in downtown Nashville, Tennessee (in “the Gulch” development), and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job!
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.