Associate Product Marketing Manager
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What You Should Know:
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as Sleigh Bells, Charles Bradley, and Slayer as well as films like Academy Award-nominated Cartel Land, Golden Globe-nominated Neruda, and Hunt For The Wilderpeople. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for a Technical Associate Product Marketing Manager to join our team and assist in cultivating a deep understanding of the user, as well as develop strategy and content to support the objectives of our product.
• Market intelligence - be knowledgeable on competition, and how to drive competitive advantage by highlighting The Orchard’s product capabilities and features for differentiation; Incorporate customer feedback into product roadmap using qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Assist marketing and product management on solution concepts, nomenclature, packaging, positioning, release strategies and sales training and developing and refining product requirements based on customer feedback.
• Product launch/GTM – understand the product roadmap, assist in the launch of new products and help manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market plan alongside Vertical-specific marketing leaders
• Sales enablement – work with the product marketing team to communicate and evangelize the value proposition of the products to the sales teams and help develop tools that support the selling process
• Support documentation – collaborate with Product Marketing team to develop relevant support documents for product releases and updates; Keep client support portal current
• Minimum 1-2 years work experience in a product marketing, product management, or brand marketing; MBA in marketing a plus.
• Analytical with a metrics and results driven approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to execute quickly while having an eye on detail.
• Ability to capture and understands cross market customer mindset, user experience, industry trends, platforms / technology and revenue models.
• Knowledge of key marketing and product planning concepts.
• Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits.
About The Orchard®?The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.