Associate Producer, Video Production
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer will be responsible for creating, producing, overseeing and delivering final edits for assigned video projects including music videos (short and long form), EPKs, TV and Radio promos, and on-line/mobile video content.
• Work closely with product managers, artists, directors and management to develop creative concepts, source talent, facilitate assigned visual projects.
• Shoot, edit and create various content including Behind The Scene videos, EPKS, lyric videos and other visuals.
• Manage final delivery of elements and all associated administrative details for completed projects.
• Resolve issues related to video projects.
• Frequent trouble shooting on various production issues related to video projects.
• Create lyric videos, teaser clips, behind the scenes pieces and other content.
• Occasionally cover shoots and hire directors / production companies for music video projects.
• Some administrative work.
• A degree in production or a related field is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Entourage, Quick Time and iTunes is required.
• The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and enjoy working hard and being challenged.
• They must be autonomous and able to work independently, but also have the ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
• They must possess superior interpersonal skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization (including artists).
• Must have strong working relationships with directors, photographers, illustrators, stylists, editors and other related industry personnel and a thorough knowledge of the music video industry. The ability to build and maintain good working relationships is a key element to the position.
• Shooting and editing skills are required, previous vfx experience is desired.
• Needs a good working knowledge of the current music video landscape.
• Proficiency with the following: Final Cut Pro, QuickTime Pro, Photoshop /After Effects (not required), Canon SLR type cameras, Sound recording.
Please include a link to your work samples or portfolio on your resume.