Associate Director, Sales
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The position of Associate Director, Sales Marketing is responsible for overseeing the digital sales for the Columbia Label Group and maintaining its relationship with Digital Service Providers (DSP's). It includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Practice overall Columbia Label Group digital strategy with Digital Service Providers (DSP's).
• Oversee/organize Columbia Label Group content development for DSP's.
• Secure/negotiate/support promotional placement on all Columbia Label Group audio/video products.
• Work closely with Label Finance Dept. to determine/implement customized pricing strategies at all DSP’s.
• Work closely with Release Planning Dept. to ensure product delivery prior to DSP's deadlines/quality control.
• Support all digital album/track forecasting in tandem with Label Finance Departments.
• Liaise with label online marketing teams to maximize DSP's sales impact of social marketing campaigns (ie Facebook; Twitter; Instagram, etc).
• Work closely with DSP's Marketing Department in establishing, organizing and executing artist specific events at retail or other venues for commercial sale at a later date.
• Understand and interpret industry trends; competitive practices and historical digital sales data of all Columbia. Label Group artists.
• Plan and implement marketing plans for Amazon, Spotify, Apple, and other top tier accounts.
• Produce reports analyzing sales trends, historical data, competitive info and other relevant information.
• Provide accounts with all relevant release information in order to secure maximum real estate and drive revenue.
• Negotiate price and positioning, merchandising, store and dot com marketing for our releases based on drivers and marketing delivered (content, tags, rebates, purchase of signage programs).
• Negotiate and help execute in-store signing events and D2C campaigns for Columbia Label Group artists.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales or related field preferred.
• Thorough understanding of current digital music distribution partners and industry best practices.
• Knowledge of and interest in a wide variety of musical generations and genres.
• Team player - able to balance complex external and internal business relationships.
• Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Working knowledge of SoundScan and other sales reporting tools.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Detail oriented and accurate