Associate Director, Program & Change Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a team member of the Global Finance Business Office and reporting to the head of Program/Project Management, this role will facilitate the implementation of global Finance organizational and system-wide strategies and alignment of technologies. Drive strategic programs and projects, technology and data standardization, provide project management expertise.
• Identify, implement and promote Project Management standards and tools.
• Define a roadmap for a technology and data environment that delivers best-in-class capabilities, drives value, high productivity and savings, and incorporates new technologies to support Global Finance strategies.
• Identify important trends and technologies that are worthy candidates for performing feasibility exercises or pilots, develop a plan and lead the pilot projects.
• Understand capabilities and limitations of existing systems, in comparison with available innovative technology solutions in the market. Develop a plan with IS&T to close gaps between current and best-in-class technology solutions and oversee the implementation.
• Develop and ensure adoption of Finance Data Standards and a Data Governance Process.
• Develop strong and productive partnerships with all Global Finance, Business Units, and IS&T stakeholders to realize the vision and ensure enterprise-wide data integrity, quality and consistency of usage.
• Develop program and project budgets
• Manager consultants if hired to assist in a program/project
• Engage with key stakeholders including COO, Global CFO, Business office, US labels, Finance and Royalties groups worldwide, Global IS&T
Education and/or Experience:
• Management consulting
• Implementation of enterprise-wide programs, projects, change management, and innovative solutions.
• Exposure to global environments, working with different cultures, and cross-functional groups.
• Facilitation using a variety of tools and techniques.
• Development and implementation of data standards and data governance program in a global organization.
• Experience with organizational and process transformation initiatives and continuous improvement.
• Degree in finance or accounting, or technical field with finance/ accounting exposure; graduate degree preferred
• SAP or other ERP system exposure
• Competence in tool sets for project management, presentation, and process and data mapping
• PMP or equivalent certification
Decision/Problem Solving Skills:
• Excellent program/project and change management skills
• Strong enterprise-wide vision, sees the big picture but recognizes critical details and able to deal with ambiguity.
• Can independently learn new technologies and data related approaches.
• Excellent influence and relationship management skills. Ability to work through and succeed, with little or no direction, in environments resistant to change.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization.
• Can make decisions based on sound rationale and judgement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative, team oriented and builds relationships
• Self-managing and motivated
• Able to influence using a consultative approach
• With sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
• Delivers results through influence and effective collaboration
• Customer/business focus mind set to positively impact the success of the organization
• Able to occasionally travel
About SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.