Associate Director, Music Licensing
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The position of Associate Director, Music Licensing will pitch US Latin frontline and catalog repertoire to advertising agencies, film & TV studios, video game companies, trailer houses and music supervisors. This individual will build, develop and maintain relationships with various contacts in order to secure deals on behalf of US Latin catalog artists. The responsibilities of the Associate Director, Music Licensing may include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Oversee music / content licensing and rights clearance matters for Sony Music US Latin
• Develop a music licensing commercial strategy for Catalog and Front line content to maximize content exposure and revenue
• Establish quarterly objectives and key results for self and for the licensing department
• Ensure all rights and content clearances meets our multiplatform needs to maximize exposure and monetization.
• Act in an advisory role to internal and external client regarding clearance issues and licensing costs/budgets
• Partner with Creative Music team to develop music licensing solutions tailored to clients’ needs
• Pitch Sony Music Entertainment’s repertoire to various clients based on their creative needs and financial parameters:
• Creative Agencies
• TV & Film music supervisors
• Video game entities
• Sports programming client
• Negotiate terms and fees with music publishers, record labels, movie and TV studios, photo houses and other parties required to close license deal
• Work with clients to ensure all licensing deliverables are received, reviewed and issues are flagged in a timely manner
• Ensure licensing team maintains a real-time project/deal pipeline
• Manage the day-to-day departmental operations of the team: weekly team meetings, Senior Management updates, business results, and overall priorities.
• Must have experience and existing relationships with creative agencies servicing general market within the US territory as well as Hispanic clients.
• 6 to 8 years’ experience in a Licensing capacity in the digital/television/music/entertainment industry.
• 2 to 4 years’ proven experience and interpersonal skills supervising and developing staff.
• Bilingual/Spanish and English language skills preferred but not required.
• Have a deep understanding of the current content distribution landscape including Film, TV Everywhere, and digital media.
• Master’s degree in Media, TV, Film, Communications, Publishing or Business preferred, but not required.
• Prior experience with budgeting, project management and reporting.
• Supervise, grow and motivate a team. Prioritize and delegate workloads. Mentor, train and develop staff.
• Be accountable and hold direct reports accountable for following through on goals and managing department performance through quarterly operational key results.
• Be an active, visible and motivating leader within the Growth and Innovation team
• Develop and champion department’s own initiatives and goals.
• Must function on an independent basis with little supervision.
• Heavy negotiation skills/experience
• Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to clients, senior management and employees.
• Must be able to effectively present and communicate information regarding rights issues clearly across all levels and areas of the company.
• Ability to accurately analyze contracts and license agreements.
• Ability to draw conclusions from working knowledge of issues, which impact the area of rights licensing including copyright and trademark law