Analyst, Accounts Receivable
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
The accounts receivable analyst position is responsible for applying customer payments, overseeing bank transactions, and preparing and uploading cash posting into SAP, and researching unidentified payments. The job includes supporting other accounts receivable personnel and functions.
• Ensure all cash, journal entries, and adjustments are applied accurately using SAP Autobank technology.
• Oversee daily and monthly activities (balancing, cash app, and filing).
• Reconcile bank account; research and resolve bank errors.
• Ensure daily bank and invoice feeds processed; resolve issues as needed.
• Responsible for the mapping and maintenance of customer remittance feeds.
• Research unidentified payments and maintain pre-pay cash account reconciliation
• Research/process customer refunds.
• Other special projects as needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience required.
• Highly proficient for Excel, Word and mainframe accounting systems (SAP preferred)
• Disciplined self-starter with can-do attitude; proactive, resourceful, collaborative team player; detail oriented and strong follow-through skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Solid research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of management.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Excel (must have pivot table experience) and Word; Access skills a plus
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Tenacity is essential. Must be hard-wired to find the answer.