Administrative Assistant, Release Planning
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing full administrative support to the Vice President, Release Planning, Epic Records as well as the Release Planning department. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Screen and direct incoming calls and emails.
• Initiate phone calls and telephone/video conferences.
• Coordinate access to and maintain supervisor’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences.
• Act as a liaison between the Vice President, Release Planning and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior company management, artist managers, outside studios, internal departments including supply chain, sales, media production, etc.
• Maintain release schedules for weekly production and scheduling meetings for Epic.
• Proofread CD/Vinyl/Cassette packages
• Solicit Epic and Sony for promotional CDs & Vinyl, ensure they ship on correct date(s)
• Enter YouTube descriptions and keywords for all Epic video releases at Vevo/YouTube
• Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
• Coordinate travel when needed.
• Assist in proofreading CD/Vinyl packages
• Enter and track JIRA requests to Sony Music Media Production, video and ringtone products
• Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Order and maintain files, music product, office supplies, and tickets for the department.
• Train, supervise, and evaluate interns for the department.
• Provide back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
• Enter PO’s and process invoices.
• College graduate with 1 year of previous administrative experience in the music business preferred.
• Flexibility in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• Calm, positive, and professional demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint).
• Strong and professional written and oral communication skills.
• Additional skills, abilities, and/or traits that are necessary to succeed in this position include: organization; discretion; confidentiality; integrity; initiative; meticulous attention to detail; multi-tasking ability; ability to handle and work with all types of personalities; sensitivity to cultural differences; self-confidence; ability to excel in stressful and demanding situations; resourcefulness; ability to anticipate what's next; strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
• Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed.