Administrative Assistant, Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant, Marketing is responsible for providing administrative support to the Marketing Department and helping to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the department by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Act as a liaison between the SVP and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, internal departments, etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with the artists, management, creative departments, as well as executives within the company.
• Schedule meetings, arrange travel, and answer phones for SVP and Associate Director Marketing
• Maintain mailing and e-mail lists, databases, files and other assets for the department.
• Order and maintain music product, office supplies and tickets for the department.
• Update weekly status reports and sales information on behalf of Epic artists.
• Help coordinate and manage budgets, promotional trips, travel, work orders and more for artists.
• Coordinate marketing plans for artists.
• Help to create print, television, radio, online and outdoor advertising, album package layouts, point of sale materials and CD/DVD copies with Creative Department.
• Attend meetings as departmental representative as needed.
• Screen and interview intern candidates.
• Provide interns with projects that help them learn the workings of the department and the music business in general.
• Use PRS system to process department invoices.
• Forward new vendor requests to Finance.
• Provide creative input and ideas on projects.
• The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of prior administrative experience in the field of marketing or a related field.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet.
• Will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including Mediabase, BDS, and RPS.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
• This individual must be extremely organized; must demonstrate the qualities of being a team player; and must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships with co-workers, artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
• Must be available to work overtime and to travel/attend evening showcases as required.