Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Are you a dependable, highly organized worker who is always careful to get the details right?
Are you a proactive self-starter who is sensitive to firm deadlines and can be relied on for follow-through?
Do you love to develop positive relationships with others in the course of your job?
If so, consider this rewarding position as an Accounting Assistant for leading Christian music company Provident Music Group. Enjoy a workplace that puts more importance on the people than the clothing; jeans are perfectly fine in this casual environment! You’ll be able to develop your accounting skills as part of a supportive team and find your unique qualities in demand—from your tactful professionalism and adaptability to your ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Accounting Assistance (75%):
• General administrative support such as filing, organizing, creating binders and compiling reports.
• Prepare various financial reports and reconciliations including some balance sheet and cash accounts.
• Manage the corporate travel process by coordinating requests, fielding questions, issuing PO's, and gathering appropriate approvals.
• Work closely with the Essential Artist Services team to reconcile tour vending statements, issue payments, and assist with various backend functions related to the sales invoicing process.
• Prepare and issue miscellaneous invoices related to reimbursements and various billbacks.
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Accounts Payable (25%):
• Provide backup to Accounts Payable staff by completing the full weekly A/P cycle as needed.
• Review invoices and check requests for accuracy, proper coding, and compliance with company policies.
• Review new vendors for proper documentation and compliance with company policies.
• Enter payment information into the accounts payable system, process payments, and distribute checks.
• Code and prepare payments for various corporate bills related to shipping, travel, telephone, and purchasing activity.
• Respond to questions and requests, perform research, and resolve other A/P issues as necessary.
• High School diploma required.
• Familiarity in accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable generally gained through at least 2 years of experience.
• Intermediate math, data entry, and typing skills.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to maintain professionalism and effective working relationships with others under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to observe strict confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive issues
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Enjoy a fun and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, free Provident artist CDs, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day). No relocation expenses will be paid.
The ideal candidate is someone looking for a steady position who enjoys general administrative tasks and has a strong desire to support their team and the business as a whole. For the right candidate, this position will provide the opportunity to exercise creativity in process improvement and build on existing bookkeeping skills.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job. Are you the ideal candidate described above?