Account Lead, Partner Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Account Lead, Partner Development
The Account Lead, Partner Development manages SME’s macro business relationship with a selection of SME’s largest digital partners globally. The successful candidate will be the global internal expert on the accounts they manage, and will be responsible for all aspects related to their operation, as well as for developing projects and initiatives that optimise revenue / opportunities for Sony Music at those accounts.
will include, but are not limited to, optimising SME revenue at each account, initiation and management of projects to optimise account level opportunities, educating all levels of the business about key aspects of the partner businesses and being a key global contact for both the partner and internal stakeholders with respect to SME’s evolving business with these accounts.
This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York.
• Quickly develop extensive expertise and assume global responsibility for all aspects related to the partners allocated
• Lead monthly business planning and forecasting for the partners, and implement and maintain regular communication of updates & insight
• Devise long term strategy for allocated partners and develop and lead medium term implementation
• Project management across all relevant aspects related to the partner. This could include overseeing operational integration, reporting integration, content strategies, ongoing analysis of partner performance, problem solving etc.
• Develop projects with respect to allocated partners and work with the wider Partner Development team on cross-partner initiatives to generate incremental SME revenue & market share, and drive wider-landscape customer acquisition and ARPU optimization
• Build strong relationships with key contacts at allocated partners, and internal stakeholders at all levels: including repertoire owners, releasing affiliates, operations, reporting & analytics, and senior management
• Communicate to & educate internal stakeholders at all levels on best practices, operational procedure and complexities, analytics, premieres & sponsorship, and other opportunities
• Establish regular communication and updates to senior executives within SME
• Monitor and analyse digital revenue forecasts, plans, and actual results using analyst generated reports and analyses. Establish transparency on performance and make recommendations to correct any under-performance
• Represent the needs of SME in the face of the partner, and seek to develop solutions to perceived problems
• Provide guidance on controlling quality of new release and catalogue offerings, clean up, pricing and involvement in campaigns
Qualifications & Experience
• Pro-active go-getter that can flourish in a fast paced and hectic environment by identifying opportunities, creatively coming up with plans to maximise then, and driving through to completion
• Outstanding attention to detail / results driven with a keen eye for data
• Genuine passion for the music industry and growth of digital music sector
• Strong relationships person
• Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills and ability to present to and influence people at all levels
• Degree plus MBA or equivalent business qualification strongly preferred
• 7 years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, and ideally experience dealing with content/repertoire owners
• Preferably someone who has developed expertise with all commercial models within the digital content landscape, including streaming, download and user-generated content models