Sync. Licensing Position
Sony / ATV Music PublishingNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Sony/ATV Music Publishing in Nashville is seeking to fill a position in our Synch Licensing Administration department.
The primary responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Draft and send Synchronization licenses for North America and Latin America markets
• Manage a large portfolio of high volume licensing clients, providing superior client service while balancing the timelines and demands of a busy licensing department
• Act in an advisory role to licensees by answering general questions related to license forms and processes
• Liaise with Synchronization Sales staff regarding client disputes and discrepancies pertaining to rights granted
• Advise management regarding the status of accounts in queue to be licensed, those with past due balances, and those with edit requests that do not coincide with company's business practices
• Collection of past due accounts
• Execute special projects as requested by management
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills:
• Communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and via phone
• Highly organized and detail oriented, while exhibiting the ability to manage and prioritize large volumes of work and meet multiple deadlines
• Strong analytical abilities
• Maintain a positive attitude while working in a customer service oriented environment
• Ability to contribute to, and work within, a team environment
• Self-motivated with the ability to set personal goals while working to achieve departmental goals
• Prior experience working with licenses or contracts within music publishing, client relations or related industry
• Strong PC Skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and a general knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
• 1 year of music publishing or equivalent industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
ABOUT SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING:
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world's leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers around 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written like ''New York, New York,'' ''Hallelujah,'' ''All You Need Is Love,'' ''You've Got a Friend,'' ''Moon River,'' ''Jailhouse Rock,'' ''The Mission Impossible Theme,'' ''Ain't No Mountain High Enough,'' ''Over the Rainbow,'' ''Stand By Me,'' ''I Heard It Through the Grapevine'' and ''Singin' in the Rain.'' In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online