Sony/ATV Music PublishingNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Sony/ATV Music Publishing in Nashville is seeking to fill a position in our Licensing department.
The primary responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with record labels to ensure mechanical licenses are secured
• Participate in meeting Licensing team goals
• Build relationships with key licensing staff at various record labels
• Draft and administer mechanical licenses
• Ensure controlled compositions are correctly calculated and licensed at the correct royalty rates
• Communicate with affiliates and writer representatives
• Ensure licensing data entry in internal systems is accurate
• Liaise with Copyright department and record labels on the resolution of missing shares and song disputes
• Upkeep of department reports and spreadsheets
A qualified candidate must possess the following skills:
• Highly organized and detail oriented, while exhibiting the ability to manage and prioritize large volumes of work
• Provide support, leadership and encouragement within a team to achieve department and team goals
• Knowledge and experience working with mechanical licenses, contracts and negotiations
• Experience with controlled composition provisions and calculations
• Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work with minimal supervision
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with experts from the music/entertainment industry and related business community
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• 3 years of music publishing or equivalent industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
ABOUT SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING:
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world's leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers around 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written like ''New York, New York,'' ''Hallelujah,'' ''All You Need Is Love,'' ''You've Got a Friend,'' ''Moon River,'' ''Jailhouse Rock,'' ''The Mission Impossible Theme,'' ''Ain't No Mountain High Enough,'' ''Over the Rainbow,'' ''Stand By Me,'' ''I Heard It Through the Grapevine'' and ''Singin' in the Rain.'' In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online