Coordinator, N. American Copyright Administration
Sony/ATV Music PublishingNashville, TN
Full Time Job
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaise with Creative/A&R, record labels, performing rights organizations, international affiliates, and Global Copyright staff to obtain and confirm song deliveries, split amendments, and resolve disputes
• Administration of label copy and copyright correspondence with record labels, performing rights societies, internal departments, and other income sources to facilitate licensing and income collection
• Provide research and administrative support on day-to-day song and deal maintenance, including: counterclaim research, Letter(s) of Direction, inquiries from income sources, internal departments, and international affiliates
• Review Billboard publisher index weekly to ensure charting works are indexed with accurate copyright information
• Issue writer/publisher credits and copyright notices for approved uses
• Monthly, quarterly, yearly participation in deadline driven HFA/Billboard, Society Awards, and Grammy Awards projects
• Register songs with the U.S. Copyright Office
• Index song deliveries, contracts, and other correspondence for imaging
• Update and maintain Copyright Administration Department spreadsheets and databases
• Assist manager, team, and department with special projects
• General office tasks: answering/returning phone calls, detailed data-entry, organizing, filing
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• At least one year of office experience, or Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, analysis
• Awareness of confidential and privileged information
• Ability to manage and prioritize a large volume of tasks under pressure of multiple deadlines
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and demeanor with multiple personality types in a deadline-driven, client/customer-service environment
• Motivated to learn, develop, and retain new skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment as well as work independently
• Knowledge and experience in music publishing is a plus
• Familiarity with standard office software, such as Excel and Outlook, or the equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
ABOUT SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING:
Sony/ATV Music Publishing, established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and Michael Jackson, is the world's leading music publisher. Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers around 3 million copyrights including those from such iconic music catalogs like Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, Motown and Famous Music. Sony/ATV also controls many of the best known songs ever written like ''New York, New York,'' ''Hallelujah,'' ''All You Need Is Love,'' ''You've Got a Friend,'' ''Moon River,'' ''Jailhouse Rock,'' ''The Mission Impossible Theme,'' ''Ain't No Mountain High Enough,'' ''Over the Rainbow,'' ''Stand By Me,'' ''I Heard It Through the Grapevine'' and ''Singin' in the Rain.'' In addition, Sony/ATV represents the copyrights of such legendary artists as The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Richie Sambora, Sting, The Supremes, Wyclef Jean, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder, among others. Its ever-growing list of chart-topping artists, writers and producers includes Akon, Avicii, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, RedOne, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online