Intern - Music Publishing
Songs Music PublishingLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
SONGS Music Publishing is one of the fastest-growing independent music publishers, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London. The company has grown from its inception in 2004 to represent over 300 songwriters, including Diplo, The Weeknd, Lorde, Desiigner, Chromeo, Trinidad James, Q-Tip, Dev, Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes, Monster of Folk), Jose Gonzalez, and Andrew McMahon (Jack's Mannequin, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness). SONGS writers also have shares of recent songs by Mark Ronson, Lady Gaga, Tyga, Mac Miller, Kanye West, Lana Del Rey, M83, Feist, Jake Owen, and Kenny Chesney, among others. The company employs a staff of about 30 people across its three offices.
We need capable and detail-oriented interns to help with music research, song tagging/evaluation, A&R research, as well as general office tasks (including, but not limited to: facilitating phone traffic, maintaining office and reception area, etc.). Potential interns should have an interest in publishing or the world of Film/Television as it relates to music. This is not a paid internship.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge and experience in the entertainment/media industry a plus
• Passionate about music
• Must receive college credit
• Must be able to work 2-3 full days a week (10 am - 6 pm), but we can be flexible in order to accommodate your class schedule
• 3 month minimum commitment preferred
• Must have your own laptop
• Must have reliable transportation (preferably your own car)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online