Associate Producer - Video Games
Full Time Job
Location: Marina Del Ray, CA, USA
Snail Games USA has a great opportunity for an Associate Producer looking for a creative and innovative environment to apply their skills! This is a unique opportunity to help guide the development of future titles from our parent company, Suzhou Snail Electronic Company (Snail Game), using your creativity to shape it from the very beginning! If you are craving the excitement of a start-up environment then look no further!
Ideal candidates will have game industry experience, extensive knowledge and a passion for the video game market. You must be able to relate to, communicate, and manage ''gamers'' on their own level.
As an accomplished Associate Producer, you are the vision and schedule that guides the productivity of the development team. The perfect candidate will be able to walk the balance of scheduling needs and creative imperatives; push for quality and innovation while managing both budget and time. Critical Traits include teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. You must be focused and comfortable in navigating the complexities of the game development cycle, especially as it relates to working with remote development teams. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with feature development, design document creation and the ability to spot trends in the market and implement them in our games. Additionally experience working with a Chinese development team and the ability to speak/read Mandarin would be awesome, but not required.
* Works with the remote Project Director to establish and communicate project goals, objectives, plans and milestones to the project team, with an emphasis on developing features or modifications that will create broad appeal in the US and international market.
* Ensures timely and accurate asset flow – manages, coordinates and controls the delivery of assets, tools and features, localization and marketing/PR materials.
* Documents, communicates and administers key project management processes within the project team and across the company. Coach others on project management processes and best practices.
* Risk Management – Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
* Responsible for the creation of project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, post-mortems and compiling historical information.
* Stays current and is conversant with PM industry standards – educates & shares with other Production team members. Analyze applicability of new standards and implement when it makes sense.
* Able to identify and solve problems creatively without guidance.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and a broad knowledge / familiarity with scheduling software.
* Highly Proficient with Excel.
* Excellent analytical skills are required.
Additional Brownie Points:
* Experience with SCRUM and other project management methods
* Track record as a Associate Producer for an entire project, capable of planning a project with a full production team.