Intern - New Media
Six Degrees RecordsSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Six Degrees Records is a San Francisco-based eclectic, independent music label. We produce and market accessible, genre-bending records that explore world music traditions, modern dance grooves, electronic music, and intelligent pop music. We are gearing up for our Fall releases and tours and are looking for creative and motivated individuals.
All intern positions require:
• Three-month commitment
• 15-20 hours per week (at our offices located in the Mission district)
• Familiarity and passion for the music industry and world/electronic genres
• Unpaid - but can get college credit. The job includes many perks including free music and entry to shows
• Bay Area applicants only
• Applicants should have experience with Excel, Microsoft
• Excellent written and telephone communication skills
• Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• Experience in working in a team environment
• Organizational ability
• Attention to detail
New Media Intern Requirements:
The New Media Intern will report to the Six Degrees Art Director. This position will help in a wide range of online promotion and production based projects and requires a candidate who has a wide range of ideas for new media promotions and some basic skills in new media.
Some duties may include but are not limited to:
• Write blog posts and articles
• Post content on the web
• Edit or adjust photographs and videos for the web
• Assist in designing and developing new web pages
• Assist in producing web banners for marketing campaigns
• Assist in developing other web based tools
• Developing and managing online promotional campaigns
• You want to learn and are interested in the new media fields, maybe you are a designer, copywriter or are studying these subjects in school.
• Some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or related programs is a plus.
• Some experience with Wordpress or other CMS / web content management system.
• You love music.
• You are a natural at writing about music and see this as a good opportunity to publish some work.
Unpaid - You can get school credit if you are enrolled in school. It includes percs like free music, concerts etc.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online