Shout FactoryLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Shout! Factory is seeking a full time, temporary Royalty coordinator/manager level candidate. We are an independent media company based in West Los Angeles. The key responsibilities are detailed below. We are seeking a start date after Labor Day (2017) and expect the assignment to last 6 months for the right candidate.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Royalties
• Prepare accurate and timely manual royalty statements for various types of licensors, as well as for the different business agreements, such as joint ventures and distribution deals, using Microsoft Excel
• Access and extricate pertinent sales data from a variety of sales files, from various sources
• Utilize online-based accounting system Netsuite to extract relevant data in preparation of various royalty statements
• Communicate with other SF departments, such as Production and Marketing, to assess and calculate which expenses can be factored into royalty statements
• Communicate with Finance staff so that the accounting system can be tailored to meet the needs of the Royalties department
• Create sales files from various sources (i.e. distributors and digital outlets) that will be utilized for the preparation of royalty statements
Skills & Qualifications
• Prior royalty administration experience required, preferably 2+ years working with licensor-style agreements
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including extensive knowledge of how to work with formulas
• Extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Word
• A quick learner of computer programs and online database services used by the organization
• Experience reading legal contracts and licenses
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel both internal and external
Hourly pay rate, no benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online