Intern - Data Analyst
Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Data Analyst jobs in Seattle-WA
Search all Intern - Data Analyst postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
To apply for this opportunity, please click on this link: SeattleMarinersDataAnalystIntern
Or, visit: www.Mariners.com/Jobs
The Seattle Mariners were founded in 1977 as an expansion franchise in Major League Baseball’s American League, and since 1999 have called Safeco Field home. With over 42,000,000 fans having passed through the gates since the Inaugural Game, we continuously strive to create exceptional experiences for our fans. To help us with this, we are currently looking for a talented professional to join our Front Office Sales Team. As a member of this team, you will help support our business processes that drive the delivery of unparalleled customer experiences at “The best ballpark in baseball!
The Data Analyst Intern will receive practical training and experience while gaining an understanding of how the Sales Department of a Major League Baseball team operates. You will work with other analysts and the Sales Management Team, assisting with the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data in an ongoing effort to increase sales productivity. You will assist with efforts to improve upon CRM data integrity, report creation, and quantitative sales analysis. We are looking for a dedicated individual who has the enthusiasm and focus needed to work day to day with our sales team. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to our business, develop your professional skills, and obtain valuable experience that will help you to determine if you would like to pursue a career in the sports industry.
What You Will Do
• Extract, organize and analyze customer and product related data associated with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and the ticket sales system (Archtics).
• Create sales campaigns for the 2017 season, including uploading and organizing leads.
• Update accounts and contacts to maintain proper corporate account rollup.
• Perform ongoing CRM maintenance and data entry projects.
• Assist with reporting and analysis of results from all programs related to ticket sales and customer service for the Sales Department on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Create documentation for Sales Department processes and procedures.
• Assist with data integrity related projects as assigned in order to improve upon customer and account information and accuracy.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How You Will Do It
• Plan and Organize: Prioritize and plan work or project activities. Use time efficiently. Set goals and objectives. Develop realistic action plans.
• Demonstrate Confidence: Exercise strong interpersonal skills. Effectively communicate and make recommendations based on analytical findings. Create and build positive and productive relationships.
• Problem Solve: Identify and resolve problems promptly. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem-solving situations.
• Collaborate: Effectively build and maintain partnerships with co-workers and other departments. Contribute to the success of the team and organization. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicate and share information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
What You Have
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Mathematics, Information Systems, or Computer Science or be enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a degree in one of these fields.
• Work or project related experience developing reports and metrics using various systems and sources which require expertise in data manipulation using database tools/formatting in Excel/PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated proficiency with SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Office (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Experience with Dynamics CRM a plus.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate messages and information clearly and accurately. Excellent listening skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with particularly strong skills in Excel.
• General understanding of sales concepts and business. One prior internship or business analyst work-related experience in sales in the sports, entertainment or hospitality industry is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with defined performance metrics. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal oversight. Proven experience driving for extraordinary results.
• Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently. Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment.
• Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies and procedures.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Our Part-Time Year Round Team Members Enjoy
• Business casual dress code
• Complimentary game tickets for select game dates
• Free on-site parking in Safeco Field garage
• Transportation benefits
• Mariners Team Store merchandise discount
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have demonstrated proficiency with SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Office (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)?
2. Do you have work or project related experience developing reports and metrics using various systems and sources which require data manipulation using database tools/formatting in Excel/PowerPoint?
3. Do you understand you must follow the link provided to apply for this position?