Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join our Finance team located in Knoxville, TN. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting in the preparation of internal and external financial reports including SEC filings, government and regulatory reporting, benefit plan and statutory financial statements and ad hoc management reports.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
What you will be doing:
• Assist with preparation of periodic financial reports (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, etc.) to be provided to regulators, government entities and senior management including preparation of financial statements, footnotes and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
• Ensure all reports and disclosures comply with applicable government regulations, professional standards and organization policies.
• Assist in the preparation and support of presentations for the Board of Directors.
• Provide technical accounting support to internal clients, including documenting considerations for newly issued standards.
• Reviews consolidation journal entries, eliminates intercompany transactions, and consolidated divisional and subsidiary financial accounts on a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements
• Reviewing of reports and tying out all supporting documents (slide decks, earnings releases, earnings call scripts, financial statements).
• Interaction with external auditors, including preparing support
• Cash flow preparation
What you need to have:
• Bachelors in Accounting from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with a public accounting firm or 5 years of related experience
• The new team member will have a CPA, be in process of obtaining, be eligible to receive, or have a clearly defined path to become certified.
What we would like to have:
• Understanding of Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules and requirements, and concept of IFRS and US GAAP differences;
• Project management skills;
• Knowledge of functional/technical and business best practices and ability to apply same towards continuous improvement of team performance;
• Analytical mindset to understand industry trends and apply that knowledge to the work performed by team.
• Understanding of consolidation principals.
WE'LL PROVIDE THE BENEFITS:
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services