Sr. Financial Analyst
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive is actively seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in Knoxville, TN.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The new team member will conduct analysis related to financial and business plans, budget, forecast, and various scenarios as well as assist in preparation of a variety management and board reporting.
What you will be doing:
• Analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions
• Analyze profit-and-loss income statements, and prepares reports and recommendations for management
• Prepare monthly and quarterly flash reports
• Assist in preparing Board of Director's analysis and reporting
• Analyze trends in sales, finance, and other areas of the business as well as generate forecasted estimates
• Create financial models of ''what if'' scenarios for future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development, new marketing strategies, etc.
• Prepare and analyze multi-currency impact of operations
• Participate in special projects as assigned
What you must have:
• Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline from an accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related field or an MS/MA/MBA or other graduate degree and a minimum 3 year of experience in related field
What we would like to have:
• Background in Corporate FP&A
• Experience with global ERPs and businesses intelligence tools
• Experience in creating financial and other data models
• CPA, CMA, CFA, or other designation
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
• Experience in analysis and reporting of financial data
• Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
• Excellent and versatile written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated progressive experience performing forecasting and budgeting, as well as analysis and re porting
• Innate problem solver with an insatiable desire to solve business puzzles
• Continuous improvement mentality
• Foster positive working relationships across the organization
• Able to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization
• Understand and apply management accounting and business concepts to accomplish tasks and responsibilities
• Seek and apply new information, concepts, and techniques
• Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
WE'LL PROVIDE THE BENEFITS:
o Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
o Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
o Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
o Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (prorated based on start date)
§ 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
o Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
o Identity theft protection and access to legal services