Software Engineering Director, Food Network Websites
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Scripps Networks Interactive, our mission is to transform our customers' lifestyles across their food, home and travel journeys. We're seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join our Digital Websites team at our Chelsea Market office location in New York City.
As a Director of Software Engineering, Food Network Websites, you'll lead the development of our top-ranking Foodnetwork.com, Cookingchanneltv.com, and other websites within our portfolio. You'll collaborate closely with our Mobile Apps, Content Creation, Search, and Video teams to develop engaging customer experiences on our shared site platform.
This will be a hands-on role where you'll be successful by: participating in all aspects of the agile software development process; providing coaching to team members; and collaborating with other Scripps Networks Interactive team members on shared projects and objectives.
What you will be doing:
• Management of software engineering personnel, contractors, and vendors
• Day-to-day support of project initiatives including: participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
• Training, coaching, career development, and skills development (technical and professional) for full-time staff.
• Collaboration with other Scripps Networks Interactive team members to align technology roadmaps and to build shared technology services.
• Leads and evangelizes agile product development process, incorporating consumer insights into product decision-making process.
• Assesses emerging trends impacting websites (e.g. web browser trends, digital advertising, video, SEO, etc)
• Provides input to strategic planning for departmental capital and operating budget. Works with supervisor to manage and track project cost actuals and
forecasts against budget.
• Co-leads initiatives to scale and right-size server infrastructure, improve platform resiliency, and ensure product security standards are met.
What you need to have:
• Experience: 7 years of experience implementing technology solutions, including 4 years of management experience
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience
• Experience developing and maintaining large-scale consumer websites
• Experience directing Agile engineering teams
• Experience with web frameworks and web architectural patterns (e.g., web performance, SEO, and site security best practices)
• Knowledge of content management and publishing systems (e.g., Adobe
Experience Manager, Wordpress, SiteCore, etc)
• Knowledge of continuous delivery patterns (e.g., automated testing, continuous
integration, continuous deployment)
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services,
Google Cloud, Heroku)
• Knowledge of large scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Educational Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services