Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Software Engineer in Knoxville, TN to join our Digital Video Engineering team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
What you will be doing:
• The drive to innovate, question the status quo and push boundaries
• Willingness to step out of comfort zone to get the job done
• A strong sense of teamwork
• Demonstrated prior career growth and a desire to learn
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
• Passion for writing and testing software
• An eye for detail and ability to test from the user perspective
• Commitment to on time quality deliverables and a Work/Life Balance
• Strong sense of commitment and responsibility for your work Knowledge
• Understanding of functional/technical best practices for quality assurance testing of web applications, Mobile, and Connected TV
• Experience working as part of an agile engineering team
• Experience developing and testing large scale API driven applications
• Experience working in a collaborative environment, including building consensus and negotiating solutions
• Ability to hold others accountable in an agile collaborative environment
• Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to determine the root cause of complex issues
• Mentor and grow QA manual and automation talent
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Educational Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services