Software Engineer - Emerging Platforms
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We're looking for a passionate, well rounded software engineer to join the Food Network app team. At Food Network, we're building exciting, meaningful products that push forward the intersection of emerging technologies and our incredibly influential lifestyle brand and content. Our renowned sites and apps make it easier and more enjoyable for people to discover new opportunities to indulge their love of food, from cooking and dining to shopping, entertainment and learning. Food is a central part of the human experience, and we are a central part of Food culture.
As part of our Mobile Engineering team, you will influence how and why we build products, as well as the practices and patterns we use across our development organization. You'll play a critical ownership role in validating new ideas and concepts, building new features, enabling data-driven collaboration, and exploring new ways that the mobile experience can change our customers' lives for the better.
• Become a key part of an exciting, collaborative, cross-functional team
• Prototype and build products on Mobile, Voice, AR/VR and IoT platforms that deliver new experiences to our fans in millions of households
• Work closely with your peers across engineering, product, design, editorial, advertising, marketing and operations
• Help to validate hypotheses about customer behavior in the face of changing technology trends through data, research and analytics
• Develop and ship fast, tested, resilient code that others find easy to comprehend and modify
• Take ownership of end-to-end product quality to help make our products more reliable, performant and delightful.
• Provide vision into future technology trends that will drive our brand platforms for the next decade and beyond
• Work out of our food-friendly offices in beautiful Chelsea Market in the hip, fun Meatpacking district in New York City!
• You've been working in mobile app development for at least two years, in either iOS or Android environments.
• You've got a strong background in engineering and web technologies with experience in modern web platforms (e.g. Node.js, Rails, PHP, Go)
• You are comfortable following existing guidelines and workflows, as well as helping to establish new ones
• You're always willing to roll up your sleeves to figure something out, whether you're the expert or completely new to it.
• You keep current with industry trends, best practices, and design patterns.
• You're an intuitive but logical thinker who is adept at breaking big problems down into bite-size pieces.
• You have a deep understanding of design patterns and API design for highly scalable services.
• You care about quality and know what it means to ship quality code.
• You are intellectually curious and look for opportunities to expand your technical and personal skillset.
• You care equally about helping to build great products as you do writing great code.
• You strive to help your peers grow and succeed.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable presenting to groups
Full-time position (40 hours/week)
Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, and dental)
Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age and service)
Fantastic paid time off package (19 days PTO in the first year 9-10 company paid holidays)
Competitive compensation package bonus