Site Reliability Engineer
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to take a role on the Digital Video Engineering team. This role will support various platforms, services, and technologies, including: microservices, mobile applications, user-facing web applications, and over-the-top platforms (Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, etc…).
Ideal candidates will be passionate about:
• Writing/architecting automated testing suites
• Testing code and infrastructure
• Consumer facing video solutions
• Zero-touch deployments
• Self-healing systems
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
• Estimate automation efforts as part of a cross-functional team
• Contribute subject matter expertise regarding automation and reliability engineering best practices to help define the team roadmap, help prioritize sprints, and coordinate releases
• Architect, develop, execute, and maintain environment reliability processes/plans for our cloud-based infrastructure and enterprise-grade software platforms
• Have a strong understanding of AWS and how to best leverage its tools and services to improve the reliability of our services
• Utilize cloud resources to provide redundancy and scale
• Automate infrastructure using industry standard deployment tools
• Architect small to large scale applications utilizing standard design techniques for the programming paradigm utilized (i.e. object-oriented / functional / etc...)
• Work with product owners / managers to elicit both functional and non-functional requirements
• Create clear and concise Restful APIs
• Maintain software from development through maintenance. This includes writing build and deployment scripts.
• Candidates may interact with applications on various platforms (Roku, Xbox/Xbox One, PS3/PS4, Apple TV, iOS, Android, etc…). Being able to learn new technologies such as these will be expected as the platforms that are developed against are extremely important.
• HTML5 video player experience is a plus
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services