Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a dynamic Producer/Editor to help us out at headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee on exciting content development and production for our on-air, digital and social media platforms. This successful superstar will help pitch, develop, and execute on an amazing programming slate for upcoming video initiatives.
As with many of our production roles, each day is a different adventure but may include: content development, pitching, shooting, writing, directing talent, editing, managing projects from pre-production through final delivery, working with clients, ensuring that projects remain on schedule and budget throughout the process and more!
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
• Create, pitch, write, shoot, edit and produce original video content for on-air cable networks, digital websites and social media feeds of the top lifestyle brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Food.com, Travel Channel and Great American Country
• Take part in, and sometimes lead, the development, creation and management of video content for a variety of platforms
• Pitch on-trend, on-brand and envelope-pushing video ideas across lifestyle topics: travel, food, home makeovers and repairs, entertaining, decorating and design, gardening and home keeping and crafting and DIY projects
• Assist with product integration opportunities and ideas
• Manage and pull clips from various shows to be used by executive team for ad sales and other network sizzles
• May be point of contact among talent, their agents and managers and programming personnel
• You are a highly creative storyteller with a critical eye who possesses strong communication skills: in-person, written and digitally
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred as well as 5 years of experience creating video content for on-air/digital/social platforms
• You have a consistent record of working in programming and production environments on television series and specials, social and digital videos, corporate video, branded entertainment, integrations and sponsor and sales videos
• You have 3 years' experience shooting with cameras like the FS7 and C300
• You have 3 years' experience editing with Avid and Adobe Premiere
• You have the ability to produce, shoot and edit videos unsupervised and deliver against deadlines and high-quality expectations
• You can juggle multiple assignments while monitoring timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing the most important pieces to achieve incredible success
• You blend well with a team and possess the ability to both lead and follow other team members
• Familiarity with creating content for lifestyle brands preferred
• You are collaborative and have a high degree of adaptability and flexibility
• You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and are capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of production in an extremely fast-paced environment
• You shine with a 'can do' positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
• You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and make sure to always dot your 'i's and cross your 't's
We will provide relocation assistance contingent on our mileage requirements
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services