Network Operations Technician
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Network Operations Technician responsible for the on-air integrity of multiple cable programming feeds. Monitor all technical aspects of Network Operations and ensure the integrity of all uplink and downlink transmissions signals within a 24/7-broadcast operations environment. Coordinate live shows with outside departments and companies.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide immediate and appropriate responses to emergency situations that may affect on-air
• Provide discrepancy report documentation and take appropriate action to ensure the accuracy of each log
• Perform accurate data entry and database management when handling programming for each network brand, related promotional material, commercial inventory, etc.
• Troubleshoot technical and operational discrepancies and provide timely corrective measures to remedy issues prior to air. Provide written reports as necessary
• Provide informed feedback on equipment and processes to improve workflow within the department
• Act as a liaison between Network Operations and other departments by coordinating efforts to resolve issues with on-air material
• Typically requires 1-2 years of vocational technical training or an Associate's degree
• Generally 2-4 years of experience in area of responsibility
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work with public and office personnel in a friendly, professional manner, while handling an extensive workload in a sometimes stressful environment
• Extremely organized and multi-task oriented
• Ability to handle extensive data entry
• Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
• Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency with Windows 7, Excel, Word, and MS Access
• Knowledge of PC and/or Mac computers, automation, file server, data archive devices, and related television broadcast equipment.
• Must be able to operate multi-format VTRs as well as routing video and audio signals, file servers, multi-channel automation systems, and all related broadcast equipment
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Frequently sits at a computer terminal and desk
• Frequently walks to other areas within or outside of the department to distribute or gather information
• Occasional standing; occasional lifting moderate loads up to 25 lbs. ; frequent bending
• Stooping, crouching while filing; occasional reaching, twisting, turning
• Frequent handling of files, pencils, paper; frequent keyboarding, writing and other duties requiring fingering
• Continuous hearing
• Use of near/midrange/far vision, and speaking to disseminate information
• Must have a flexible schedule and willing to work long hours
Scripps Networks Interactive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status.
Scripps Networks Interactive will not sponsor applicants for immigrant or non-immigrant work visa(s). The successful candidate will be required to submit evidence of identity and employment authorization.