Motion Designer, Travel Channel
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel is seeking a Motion Designer to join our award-winning in-house brand creative team at the Travel Channel in New York, New York. Reporting to the Art Director/ Design Manager you will seek to elevate the level of design for network branding, advertising/promotion and programming support, bringing design innovation, storytelling and fresh thinking.
You'll also be responsible for the day-to-day on-air design production of unique creative design solutions that serve the company's strategic needs while maintaining Travel Channel's brand consistency and meeting the Design Director and Art Director design's creative vision. This includes but, is not limited to promo design, show packaging, onscreen navigation and presentation work.
• Design and execute broadcast quality motion designs/animations as assigned.
• Work with Art Director to supply fresh ideas for motion design.
• Organize and manage the media files graphics assets and graphics deliverables files on the various servers.
• Conceptualize & implement concepts through high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the network style guide and brand
• Acts as liaison between edit resources and design when necessary.
• Effectively communicate the delivery of graphics assets to producers, vendors, and the production assistant
• Stay abreast of all technologies used in motion design with an eye toward future expansion.
• You have 3 years' experience in broadcast design, cable network, or design studio with Bachelors in Graphic Design or Motion Design preferred
• You have strong communication and presentation skills
• You have an excellent grasp of great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
• You're detailed oriented and a conceptual thinker with a strong typography sense
• You're an expert in current design software and hardware including After Effects, Adobe CC Suite with in depth knowledge of C4D and/or Maya a plus.
• You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
• You are a self-starter and strong great teammate who can work independently and responsibly.
• You shine with a 'can do' positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple teammates
• You're just as nutty and passionate about the Travel Channel brand and lifestyle content as we are!
***If interested, please include a portfolio URL with your application. Your application WILL NOT be considered without sample work.
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package bonus
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services