Manager Digital Research & Insights
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Digital Research & Insights Manager is responsible for leveraging a variety of internal, syndicated and analytics research resources to provide data driven intelligence primarily in support of digital advertising sales and marketing initiatives. They will develop and deliver media related research insights including audience profiles and trend, engagement metrics, competitor, market and industry intelligence.
Directly partnering on RFP/RFIs, providing competitive intelligence and building audience story-telling tools across media properties and platforms. The product areas supported include website, apps, digital video, and social media.
• Translates client needs into research and contribute research-based information, insight and perspectives
• Takes strategic direction and works within company approved budgets and resources, using methodologically sound, leading-edge research practices
• Ideates, manages, analyzes, synthesizes, reports and presents syndicated, quantitative, qualitative and search-based data.
• Develops and mentors a staff of professional media researchers
• Assures reporting standards, deadlines and budgets are met
• Makes decisions guided by established policies and procedures
• Participates in relevant industry and professional organizations, stays current on developments and best practice and communicates them to internal staff and colleagues
• Accountable for the performance of a team, set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
• May supervise technical, support and/or administrative employees; may occasionally supervise lower-level professional individual contributors as needed
• May spend up to 50% of time performing work similar to those supervised
• Employee will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Experience using comScore, Adobe Analytics/Omniture and Simmons or MRI national consumer surveys.
• Additional relevant research systems include Nielsen, Kantar Media, Ipsos, Shareablee,Tubular, Qualtrics, Hitwise, Tubular, Mintel and Affinio.
• Knowledge of digital media, social and online/broadband video metrics and KPIs to address business critical questions
• Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including proficiency specifically with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with primary research (qualitative and quantitative techniques)
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience working with media research tools and large sets of data and the ability to distill that data into salient points and materials such as one-sheets, presentations and dashboards is key.
• Thorough understanding of media and consumer research
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Strategic, hands-on and proactive approach to research
• Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing, synthesizing and presenting research results
• Ability to build a better understanding of industry trends, applying that knowledge to the work performed by own team
• Knowledge of functional/technical and business best practices to improve the performance of own team
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Good interpersonal and team leadership skills
• People management skills
• Conflict resolution skills
Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline (or equivalent experience) and at least 5 years of relevant experience, including a supervisory or lead role.