Manager, Ad Sales Trade Marketing & Events
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Food Network & Cooking Channel seek a Manager to join the Ad Sales Marketing team. The Manager's primary role will be to support B2B marketing efforts developed to support key ad sales initiatives. Additionally, the manager will work collaboratively with sales, programming, and creative services departments for various projects.
• With the VP of ad sales marketing and other key stakeholders, develop annual trade marketing strategy and implement tactical plans to deliver on sales goals and priorities.
• Responsible for all external communications to reach the advertising community, including paid and earned media planning and execution, B2B websites, and targeted high-impact direct mail programs
• Deliver frequent internal communications as appropriate to inform and educate internal stakeholders with essential updates on key initiatives.
• Manage the development and maintenance of Ad Sales collateral materials, including one sheets, presentations, e-newsletters, mailers, sizzle reels, Upfront materials and sales materials to promote the network to the Ad Sales community.
• Execute events for Food Network and Cooking Channel, managing all event details and aspects of client hospitality
• Manage premiums, including ordering, budgeting, tracking inventory, researching and recommending new ideas, working with vendors on pricing and production, and fulfilling requests
• Manage budget activity including processing and tracking invoices, obtaining proper approvals, legal approvals and partnering with finance team to ensure accuracy
• Foster strong working relationships with other departments including Sales Administration, Production, Programming, PR, Culinary and Creative Services to effectively communicate Ad Sales strategy and initiatives. Must be able to effectively communicate with regional sales offices to ensure projects are completed with efficiency.
• Manage one direct report, whose responsibilities include developing and managing sponsorship trackers, implementing turnkey sponsorships, and internal communications
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Creative Self-Starter/resourceful
• Strong presentation skills
• Highly organized, detail-orientated with strong project management skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop a plus
• Ability to strive in fast paced advertising/sales environment. Must be able to effectively interact with employees across all levels in the company and be cool under pressure
• Creative and event management experience a plus
• Frequently sits at a computer terminal and desk
• Frequently walks to other areas within or outside of the department to distribute or gather information
• Occasional standing; occasional lifting moderate loads up to 25 lbs. ; frequent bending
• Stooping, crouching while filing; occasional reaching, twisting, turning
• Frequent handling of files, pencils, paper; frequent keyboarding, writing and other duties
• Continuous hearing
• Use of near/midrange/far vision, and speaking to disseminate information
Scripps Networks Interactive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status.
Scripps Networks Interactive will not sponsor applicants for immigrant or non-immigrant work visas. The successful candidate will be required to submit evidence of identity and employment authorization.