Full Stack Engineer
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Work on a team that combines your passion of developing great tools with your love of great lifestyle brands such as Food Network, HGTV, DIY Network, Travel Channel and more. Be a technical leader who keeps tabs on the latest technologies yet can be pragmatic about ones that are currently used. Work award winning websites that attract more than 13 MILLION unique visitors a month.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
What you will be doing:
A Full Stack Engineer will have the responsibilities listed below.
• Assess technical architecture, design, and framework
• Contributes to the overall software development lifecycle including requirements gathering/analysis, design, development technologies, release/version control, testing, and deployment
• Write high quality content management / delivery systems and tools to support the systems
• On rare occasions provide after hours support to mission critical systems
• Performs application testing of components, modifications, and overall systems
• Assists in task planning and estimation
• Works independently and as a member of a team
• May report directly to a project lead or manager
• Prioritize team and business needs
What you need to have:
This role requires the education and experiences listed below.
• 3 years of experience implementing technology solutions
• 2 years professional experience in Java, JSP, Rest Interfaces.
• Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit, and Integration Testing
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
The skills and abilities listed below represent the knowledge space that will be necessary for this position.
• Uses comprehensive knowledge of functional/technical and business best practices to improve own work and the work of less experienced colleagues
• Web content management and page delivery systems, ad sales and trafficking systems, and related business processes
• Caching technologies and patterns (e.g., Memcached, CDNs) and other related web application scaling techniques
• Experience working in a collaborative environment, including building consensus and negotiating solutions
• Understanding of enterprise scale consumer-facing websites
• Agile Software Development Processes (SAFe Framework 4.0)
• Knowledge of Unix Operating Systems (management and scripting)
Knowledge of the following technologies / frameworks is desired.
• Implementing Adobe Experience Manager products
• Cloud infrastructure and platform experience (i.e., Amazon Web Services)
• Akamai / Content Delivery Networks
• Continuous Integration / Delivery using Jenkins
• Enterprise Design Patterns
• Distributed Version Control Systems
These are the characteristics that are needed for this position.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned