Full Stack Engineer
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Full Stack Engineer.
The Full Stack Engineer on the Video Team will play a key role within each phase of the software development cycle. In this role, the Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for developing core applications, consulting with product owners and other engineers to define architectural plans that identify functional & non-functional quality goals and balance test coverage with time to market. The Scripps Networks Digital Engineering team is seeking candidates who are passionate about full stack application development and ready to jump on board and help build core platforms that support our public facing websites of HGTV.com, Foodnetwork.com, Travelchannel.com and more. Because of the small size of the team, candidates can make key decisions and take ownership over their projects. A typical day can include server creation, creating / updating build systems, architectural discussion, coding in a multitude of languages, and working with various teams of developers across Scripps Networks.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
• Candidates may interact with applications on various platforms (Roku, Xbox/Xbox One, PS3/PS4, Apple TV, iOS, Android, etc…). Learning new technologies such as these will be expected as the platforms are developed against will be extremely important.
• Candidates should be an expert developing HTML / CSS based off interaction designs.
• Candidates with HTML 5 Video experience a plus
• Candidates shall feel comfortable writing unit tests, load tests, integration tests, and functional tests.
• With servers (virtual or on-premise) anything can go wrong. Understanding how to utilize these resources to provide redundancy and scale will be paramount in these environments.
• The need to create application stacks quickly and correctly will arise. Understanding how to automate these processes are important
• Data storage needs will vary based on a project by project basis. Candidates should understand when to use a relational vs. non-relational data stores.
• Candidates should understand how to properly normalize data across relational stores
• Candidates should feel comfortable architecting small to large scale applications utilizing standard design techniques for the programming paradigm utilized (i.e. object-oriented / functional / etc...)
• Candidates should feel comfortable working with product owners / managers to elicit both functional / non-functional requirements.
• Candidates should feel comfortable creating clear and concise APIs.
• Candidates should feel comfortable maintaining this software from development through maintenance. This includes writing build and deployment scripts.
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services