Fall Paid Intern - Digital Analytics
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Paid Internship
Anticipated hours per week: 40
• Intern must be a rising or current junior, rising or current senior, graduate student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation date) at an accredited college/university.
• Applicants must have completed their sophomore year prior to the start of the internship.
• Must have previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Scripps Networks is unable to sponsor visas for interns. If you are an international student not already studying in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa, then you have to go through a university or an outside organization (internship placement agency) that will sponsor your visa.
• Must have strong oral and written communications skills, as well as exceptional organization and planning skills
• Must include your anticipated graduation
• Must have an interest in the media industry and be digitally savvy
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting the Digital Analytics team in the creation of regular reports across brands (including Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel)
• Access to a varied group of datasets, including Facebook, Snapchat, and Apple News
• Managing your own time and workload effectively and efficiently
Areas of Study
• Data Analysis
About the Internship Experience
Scripps Networks Interactive is the perfect environment for talented, ambitious individuals who are looking to gain a competitive career advantage whether it's in the media industry or another field. We are a growing company with a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture that views its employees as its greatest resource and commits to investing in the best and brightest talent to propel our company forward. Our future depends on the vision, fortitude and positive initiative of our people to uphold an uncompromising standard that has made Scripps the Leader in Lifestyle Media.
All internships are approximately 12 weeks during which time you will learn from experience through hands-on projects, professional interaction and day-to-day operations. We invite talented individuals to bring their brightest ideas and contribute to the growth of a world leading media company. During your time with Scripps, we are confident that you will hone your skills, develop new ones and discover your true potential.
At Scripps Networks Interactive we want your passion, self-motivation, fresh ideas and forward-thinking perspective. In addition, we want positive attitudes and dedication to ensure your time and experience with Scripps is challenging, unique and contributes to your ongoing success, which might even continue with a longer-term opportunity with us.
We offer competitive compensation and a broad range of disciplines including:
• Ad Sales and Marketing
• Marketing and Communications
• Corporate Communications
• Information Technology
• Web Design and Development
• Digital and New Media
• New Business Development
• Public Relations
• Creative Services and Design
• Content Distribution
• Motion Graphics
This is a paid internship
Scripps Networks Interactive is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin and military membership or veteran status or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations during the application and/or hiring process for qualified job applicants with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Scripps Networks Interactive will not sponsor applicants for immigrant or non-immigrant work visas. The successful candidate will be required to submit evidence of identity and employment authorization.