Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Director, Business & Legal Affairs. Primarily responsible for negotiating and advising on M&A and corporate transactions, advising on securities laws and reporting/disclosure obligations, and assisting with corporate governance and policy matters.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating M&A/financing and transactional agreements with minimal supervision
• Advising business teams of relevant issues
• Working collaboratively with the broader M&A and legal team to ensure company policy and procedures are followed
• Advise on securities reporting and disclosure matters, including advising on compliance with the SEC and Nasdaq rules.
• Assist with the review and drafting of SEC filings including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, annual proxy statements and Section 16 reporting
• Provide advice on relevant corporate law corporate governance matters
• Support the corporate secretary function in the review, preparation and revision of various documents for Board and Committee meetings
• JD and a minimum of 5 years experience in a wide variety of M&A matters, including due diligence preparation and review, financings, strategic and/or minority investments and joint ventures.
• Strong corporate and securities background.
• Business savvy, sophistication and pragmatism to use legal experience to contribute to the company's operations
• Financial acumen and ability to assess risk
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills
• Well organized and able to manage multiple matters at the same time
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a global team
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with both lawyers and non-lawyers inside and outside the company
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services