Director, Business & Legal Affairs Data Privacy And Security
Scripps Networks InteractiveKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Its power-house brands – HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country – stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on its channels. Scripps is where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming. Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us.
Not familiar with Knoxville? Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Director will work closely with the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs to develop and manage the global legal function overseeing data privacy and security with focus on the Company's bases of operation in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
What will you be doing?
• Support and assist Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs in advising the Company on the development and maintenance of a global cybersecurity program for all aspects of the business, working closely with other key stakeholders, including the Cybersecurity and Enterprise Risk Management teams;
• Stay abreast of and assess the impact of new data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance on the Company's existing operations, advise and collaborate with stakeholders to make sure that all operations are aligned with law and corporate policies;
• Provide guidance and support to Legal Affairs colleagues negotiating and drafting privacy and data security provisions in a wide variety of legal agreements involving data, such as IT, Digital, HR, Research, Marketing, and Content Distribution;
• Provide legal counsel and assist in providing leadership and strategic direction with regard to development of corporate privacy and data security policies and procedures;
• Manage all aspects of global data protection compliance for U.S. and international corporate systems and programs; and
• Develop and deliver global training on privacy and data security issues.
What do you need to have?
• Law degree from ABA-accredited institution.
• Current, valid admission to a U.S. bar
• A minimum of 3 years of experience focused primarily on data privacy and security law required;
What we would like to have:
• 5 years of experience preferred
• IAPP certification preferred but not required
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strategic thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
• Must be an excellent lawyer, able to provide fast, well-reasoned, business-based legal counsel
• Able to take business leaders' concerns and demands into account in how best to pursue legal strategies
• Detail-oriented, intelligent, and articulate
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
• Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the Company
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to provide well-reasoned, business-based legal counsel
• Ability to manage complex internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in carrying out activities
• Strong people skills, including the ability to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
• Ability to integrate internal and external views to create a business-relevant perspective
• Ability to anticipate resource requirements and modify plans as needed
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
WE'LL PROVIDE THE BENEFITS:
o Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
o Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
o Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
o Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (prorated based on start date)
§ 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
o Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
o Identity theft protection and access to legal services