Digital Video Editor
Scripps Networks InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top food brands such as Food Network and Cooking Channel, is seeking a dynamic Digital Video Editor to help us out at our New York City office on developing content for our social media platforms. This successful superstar will help edit, develop, and execute on an amazing programming slate of upcoming original digital video initiatives.
As with many of our digital roles, each day is a different adventure but may include: editing and production, content development, and managing projects from pre-production through final delivery and tracking the success of shows after they are released and more!
• Edit and produce new formats for our Food Network and Cooking Channel social platforms.
• Take part in the development, creation and management of video content for a variety of social and digital platforms.
• Pitch on-trend, on-brand and envelope-pushing video ideas across lifestyle topics: hosted food video, food news, entertaining, food tourism and more.
• Work with video, editorial, social, marketing and research teams to drive increased views and shareability across platforms.
• 2 years of experience creating/editing video content for digital/social platforms and a bachelor's degree in related field preferred
• Proven background in producing and editing.
• Possesses strong communication skills: in-person, written and digitally
• Experience editing in Adobe Premiere
• Ability to edit videos unsupervised and deliver against deadlines and high-quality expectations.
• Familiarity with creating content for lifestyle brand a plus.
• Understands social mindset viewing habits across all platforms and can contribute to strategies to reach this group.
• Collaborative and has a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
***Please attach a portfolio or reel with samples of your work.***
• Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
• Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
• Eligible for retirement benefits (401k matching additional funds for age/service)
• Fantastic paid time off package of 19 days in 1st year (includes vacation, sick and personal days)
• 9-10 company paid holidays a year on top of that!
• Industry leading maternity/paternity leave program
• Identity theft protection and access to legal services