Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character roto-animation for feature films. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists and Animators to create animation that matches the movement & silhouette of the selected character on the film backplate and that also moves realistically in 3D space. Successful applicants should have the ability to work well as part of a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
- To roto-animate a variety of characters to match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality
- To work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects.
- To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
- To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
- Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment.
- To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig.
- To organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Similar role with 1+ years within feature films.
- Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets - Intermediate - knowledge of Maya required
- The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors.
- Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
- An understanding of the computer graphics production process and other departments/disciplines needs and requirements.
- Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
- An understanding of animation principles and work methods.
- Good communication skills both technically and creatively.
- Animation/drawing/sculpting skills a plus.
APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online