Concept Artist - Contract
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Concept Artist visualizes environments, characters, vehicles, colour schemes, and the overall mood and feel of the project. Taking direction from the creative executive team, the concept artist works within a set style guide. Partnering with pre-vis and pre-production stakeholders the concept artist has the ability to both work out quick sketches, source images, and provide more polished illustrations to inspire the client and the team.
• Traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills, and/or paint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to draw in perspective: environments, characters, landscapes, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to think in 3D: great use of light and shadow.
• Concept development throughout pre-production including original & re-worked concept designs.
• Ability to interpret and create a strong mood
• Translate ideas to visuals through traditional drawing tools, painting tools.
• Adaptable to various styles eg. Style set by art director, client, & executive team.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to create clarity to sometimes abstract or high level requests.
• Create quick sketches to inspire the team, present to clients.
• Develop sketches to render out more details as need.
• Quickly and effectively re-work and refine visuals as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Product Design, Interior Design preferred and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years' experience as a concept artist in creative digital industry (games, film, vfx)
• Strong Photoshop (required)
• Knowledge of other 3D art software packages a plus. (or any other art software packages)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
• Open and flexible to feedback and shifting requirements.
APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online