Concept Artist - Contract
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Concept Artist - Contract jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Concept Artist - Contract postings
Full Time Job
The Concept Artist visualizes environments, characters, vehicles, colour schemes, and the overall mood and feel of the project. Taking direction from the creative executive team, the concept artist works within a set style guide. Partnering with pre-vis and pre-production stakeholders the concept artist has the ability to both work out quick sketches, source images, and provide more polished illustrations to inspire the client and the team.
• Traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills, and/or paint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to draw in perspective: environments, characters, landscapes, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to think in 3D: great use of light and shadow.
• Concept development throughout pre-production including original & re-worked concept designs.
• Ability to interpret and create a strong mood
• Translate ideas to visuals through traditional drawing tools, painting tools.
• Adaptable to various styles eg. Style set by art director, client, & executive team.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to create clarity to sometimes abstract or high level requests.
• Create quick sketches to inspire the team, present to clients.
• Develop sketches to render out more details as need.
• Quickly and effectively re-work and refine visuals as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Product Design, Interior Design preferred and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years' experience as a concept artist in creative digital industry (games, film, vfx)
• Strong Photoshop (required)
• Knowledge of other 3D art software packages a plus. (or any other art software packages)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
• Open and flexible to feedback and shifting requirements.