VP of Feature Development
ScaleLabLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MCN/YouTube Channel Category
Search for VP of Feature Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP of Feature Development postings
Full Time Job
ScaleLab Studios is the content production division of ScaleLab, a digital studio/multi-platform network with over 97,000 social media influencers, and garnering 3B+ online views per month. Currently seeking an experienced film development exec to flesh out the company's feature film slate, which includes both scripted and documentary films. ScaleLab is a pioneer in social media-focused content, and its feature film projects star top social media influencers.
Candidate must have strong film, digital and network connections, and be able to oversee a slate of projects through development and the production process as necessary. Must have experience pitching to studios and networks, packaging material, and working with agents, managers and talent.
VP of Feature Development will actively solicit and review film scripts and other material, and will strive to 'discover' social media talent (YouTube, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.) with significant cross-over potential.
The position requires a strong degree of creativity, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and the ability to act quickly and professionally in a fast-moving environment.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a development executive or related position (excluding internships)
• Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
• A deep rolodex of contacts, and established relationships within the studio, broadcast, digital and cable community.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Prior experience and strong knowledge of social media platforms