Professor of Game Development
Savannah College of Art and DesignSavannah, GA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Search for Professor of Game Development jobs in Savannah-GA
Search all Professor of Game Development postings
Full Time Job
Help students achieve their goals as a full-time game development professor at SCAD Savannah.
With leading-edge technology and facilities as well as inspiring professors with outstanding professional and academic credentials, SCAD offers unparalleled opportunities for talented students seeking career preparation in interactive design and game development.
Candidates should be flexible and able to teach within the varying disciplines of interactive design or game design/development. The university seeks educators who will encourage innovation and process development while teaching, with practical concepts of the design profession as a constant element.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in game design, computer art or a related field
- Experience developing interactive media for professional clients and/or shipped video games titles for PC, major consoles and mobile platforms
- Proficiency in industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Unreal or Unity
- Background in game art direction and development pipelines or programming languages such as C++, Python, Java is a plus
- Familiarity with 3-D printing or technical art pipelines in level design, event scripting, particle effects, animation, and/or shaders is a significant plus
- Professional-level visual art and design production experience preferred
- University-level teaching experience preferred
- Experience teaching and developing online coursework also preferred