Professor of Film and Television: Postproduction
Savannah College of Art and DesignSavannah, GA
Full Time Job
SCAD's film and television department offers a very sophisticated program of study and is equipped with state-of-the-art production and postproduction facilities. Film and television students learn the art, technique and business of filmmaking from faculty with significant professional experience and put their knowledge into practice through preproduction, production and postproduction of films that prepare them for professional careers in the entertainment industry.
Film and television students acquire an advanced knowledge and practice of postproduction as they find opportunities to collaborate with students from SCAD's sound design, visual effects, motion media design and animation degree programs. This collaboration expands to programs like production design, themed entertainment design, interactive design and game development and branded entertainment design to prepare students that specialize in postproduction for a comprehensive array of career opportunities that respond to the evolving needs of the entertainment industry.
Join the film and television department at SCAD Savannah as a full-time professor and guide SCAD students to professional careers in postproduction.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- M.F.A or its equivalent in film and television, or a related field
- Industry experience in postproduction for film and television
- Demonstrate effective use of digital editing techniques for artistic, dramatic and narrative objectives
- Extensive experience with standard definition, high definition and film editing workflows
- Ability to mold the technical elements of postproduction into an academic framework and relate editing techniques to the overall process of filmmaking and storytelling
- Knowledge of all aspects of filmmaking from preproduction to postproduction
- Experience as digital image technician or assistant editor preferred
- Working knowledge of editorial pre-visualization, Adobe After Effects essentials and/or color grading preferred
- University-level teaching experience preferred
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online