Chair of Animation
Savannah College of Art and DesignSavannah, GA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Search for Chair of Animation jobs in Savannah-GA
Search all Chair of Animation postings
Full Time Job
SCAD Savannah seeks a full-time chair of the animation department, named one of the world's top animation schools and among the ''Ivy League of Animation'' by 3D World magazine.
The SCAD animation program features award-winning students, alumni and faculty, high-profile industry connections and relationships, and top-of-the-line, cutting-edge software and technology. Under the tutelage of experienced and credentialed educators and visiting mentors from around the world, SCAD students master the full spectrum of animation - from 2-D, 3-D and stop motion to the latest emerging technologies. Thanks to a rigorous curriculum, structured around principles of design, unbounded creativity and state-of-the-art technology, SCAD students are flawlessly prepared for leadership in the dynamic, continuously evolving and always creative global animation industry.
Join this powerful team of innovators and educators and stay rooted in the animation industry, while making a difference to the next generation of animators. The chair provides vision and leadership for this department, builds its reputation, creates a strong sense of collegiality within the department and inspires a shared responsibility for its goals.
You will also assist in the placement of students in internships and jobs, and collaborate with the School of Digital Media dean to ensure that overall school and SCAD strategic plans are achieved.
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in animation or a related field
- Three or more years of experience in higher education preferred
- Strong portfolio of related professional work
- Teach five classes annually in animation
- Manage day-to-day administration of the academic department
- Develop curriculum
- Assess program outcomes
- Foster interdepartmental collaboration
- Create educational partnerships with leading companies, organizations and designers
- Enhance the reputation of the SCAD animation program in academic and professional circles