Paid Intern - Technology Operations Seasonal
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: September 2017 - May 2018 (25 hours a week)
Wage: $10.50/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
The Sacramento Kings Technology Group is looking for a highly motivated and talented season Intern to join our team. This candidate will join an organization of team members that strive for and achieve excellence on a daily basis. Our ownership group is committed to technology and has a vision of NBA 3.0 which is to make basketball a premier sport of the 21st Century via the following vectors: TECHNOLOGY | GLOBALIZATION | SPORT AS AN AGENT OF SOCIAL GOOD.
In this role the candidate will be part of a team that has built the smartest entertainment and sports complex on the planet. Our team is passionate about technology and focused on delivering outstanding services to our team members, fans and community.
• Communicating problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
• Creating and following standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
• Help launch innovative projects that enhance the fan experience
• Assist with app testing, feedback and UI improvements
• Identify new technology, trends, and opportunities in, and outside the market
• Facilitate innovative technology activations at games throughout the course of The Kings season
• Collaborate across departments to help facilitate various projects
• Ambassador for the organization: provide technology tours for VIP guests and media
• Setup and operate various computer systems and demo software
• Prepare slide presentations and organize spreadsheets
• Assist in esports projects pertaining to 2K League developments.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Must have flexible schedule to support internal and external event
We are looking for a highly motivated technology professional who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and is excited about new technologies and keeping up with them.
• Must be graduate of a four-year college program
• Must possess experience with current technology trends and tools (Google, Microsoft, iOS and Android)
• Must have a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as well as regular business hours.
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug hardware and software applications
• A professional demeanor with the ability to communicate with front office employees, vendors, and guests conduct themselves accordingly.
• The ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work well in a face paced and team environment.
• This individual should provide helpful and courteous customer service to all vendors and guests and have the ability to problem solve on the fly.
• Must be detail-orientated, self-motivated, and enthusiastic, along with excellent oral and written skills.
• Any IT experience is beneficial.
• The ideal candidate should be organized, aggressive, professional, mature, self-starting and committed to the technology industry.
• Strong communication skills are a necessity.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Are you currently enrolled in a college or university or a recent graduate (within 6 months)?
3. Are you a local resident or able to relocate to Sacramento?
4. Are you able to work at least 25 hours a week until May 2018?