Paid Intern - Kings Foundation
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: September 2017 - May 2018. (25 hours week)
Wage: $10.50/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
Summary: The Sacramento Kings Foundation Intern will serve as an integral part of the Community Impact team; and will be responsible for supporting the 5-person CI Team. Assists in supporting the Sacramento Kings Foundation to #dogood throughout the Sacramento region. Assists in coordinating the response to specific donation requests, creating WOW moments for fans, and assists with SKF events. Will perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
• The Sacramento Kings Foundation Intern will create #dogood moments.
• The Sacramento Kings Foundation Intern will keep us organized.
• The Sacramento Kings Foundation Intern will exceed our expectations.
The Sacramento Kings Foundation is more interested in these seven qualities than in any particular type of experience. Prior experience in administration, the nonprofit sector, or philanthropy is a plus, but we’re essentially looking for the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working person we can find. Inspire us!
To be successful in this role, you will excel in the following key areas:
• Organization: You take pride in your work and in your work space.
• Attention to detail: You strive for perfection and can simultaneously see the big picture and smallest aspect of a project.
• Communication: You are an exceptionally clear communicator who can write and speak with confidence.
• Learning quickly: We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be a quick and perspective learner.
• Self-reliance: You have a knack for figuring things out and require minimal oversight to see a project through to its end.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: You are ambitious and creative, and you are excited about the idea of helping us to build something meaningful.
• Do-Gooder: You are inspired to perform random acts of loving kindness for all deserving people in our region.
What you’ll do:
The Sacramento Kings Foundation Intern will support the Foundation in creating #dogood moments and planning for the 2017-18 season.
• Communications (responding to specific requests, maintaining donations database, providing weekly updates and recommendations).
• Creating WOW moments for fans. Scouring over social media communications, talking with Kings Team Members that interact with fans and their families to seek out the best opportunities for WOW moments.
• Planning for the 2017-18 season; specifically to support the programs and activities of the Sacramento Kings Foundation; preparing for meetings of the Board of Directors; supporting Foundation events; planning for revenue generating opportunities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe a time where you created #dogood moment in the community.
2. What makes you #SacramentoProud?
3. Why is it important to you to do community impact work for the Sacramento Kings?
4. Please describe your volunteer experience or experience working in the non-profit sector?
5. Are you currently enrolled in a college or university or a recent graduate (within 6 months)?
6. Are you a local resident or able to relocate to Sacramento?
7. Are you able to at least work 25 hours a week for the duration of the internship?