Paid Intern - Jr Kings Seasonal
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Timeframe: September 2017 - May 2018.
Wage: $10.50/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
Summary: The Jr. Kings Intern will serve as an integral part of the Jr. Kings department. They will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of Jr. Kings programs including building relationships with youth sports leagues, camps, clinics and programs. They will assist in all aspects of Jr. Kings programs, including event logistics, player involvement/forms, and coordination with Kings Community partners. This individual will work with other Kings departments (PR, Marketing, Digital, and The Entertainment Department) to build out broader Jr. Kings programs through various channels. The intern will research and look for opportunities to grow and assist with development of Jr. Kings programs. They will perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Jr. Kings Intern will support the Jr. Kings team in problem solving and planning during the 2016-17 season. They will also assist the Jr. Kings team on game-nights and other related events. Other responsibilities will include:
• Increase the reach and participation of the Kings and NBA youth sports programming and fan development
• Assist in researching, scheduling, planning and executing all Jr. Kings programs and events
• Work with the Kings PR, social media, marketing, and website staff to build awareness and promote Jr. Kings initiatives
• Seek and pursue promotional outlets for Jr. Kings programs and events
• Assist with the operations and program staff
• Build materials and assist with ordering supplies for the Jr. Kings league partnership program
• Manage and assist with in-arena youth basketball activities including special fan experiences and group sales programs
• Become an Eventbrite master – build events, manage registration, run reports, and send surveys
• Assist in creating proposals, contracts and marketing kits
• Set up, create WOW moments, and break down the Jr. Kings concourse table during games
• Assist in managing the Jr. Kings email box, website and social media channels
• Support the preparation and delivery of Jr. Kings swag
• Research youth sports best practices
• Keep real time inventory track of Jr. Kings materials, equipment and supplies
The Jr. Kings team is more interested in these seven qualities than in any particular type of experience. Prior experience with administration, the sports industry or youth is a plus, but we’re essentially looking for the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working person we can find. Inspire us!
To be successful in this role, you will excel in the following key areas:
• Organization: You take pride in your work and in your work space.
• Attention to detail: You strive for perfection and can simultaneously see the big picture and smallest aspect of a project.
• Communication: You are an exceptionally clear communicator who can write and speak with confidence.
• Learning quickly: We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be a quick and perspective learner.
• Self-reliance: You have a knack for figuring things out and require minimal oversight to see a project through to its end.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: You are goal orientated, ambitious and creative, and you are excited about the idea of helping us to build something meaningful.
• A People Person: You are energized by the people around you; you are approachable, friendly, and easy to talk to.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Please tell me your past experience working with Youth Sports Leagues, camps, clinics and programs.
3. Please tell me your past expereince with grass roots marketing and sales.
4. Are you in commuting distance or live in the Sacramento area?
5. Are you able to work at least 25 hours a week?